Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"Here Comes the Sun"

After the 4 hour drive (it is pretty much like the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland) I got out of the vehicle and we could tell it was going to rain. We had stopped at a little local market to buy some trash bags and I poked arms holes in one and covered myself. I was grateful to have worn a hat because it kept the rain from streaming down my face.

As I started hiking through the bands and delivering letters the rain started coming down hard. I said a silent prayer that the rain could let up just long enough for the Shadows to do their sessions with the YoungWalkers/SinguaWalkers (clients). I know Arizona needs the rain but it's hard to have an effective therapeutic session in the downpour of rain.

I approached the girls band and could see that they were all drenched, cold, and most likely didn't want to come out of their shelters. I started to sing, "Here comes the sun...do do do do." and sure enough—it started to shine. I kid you not.

I literally saw the sun slowly cover the Tonto National Forest and reach my fingertips and then face. The girls came out of their shelters, they started to dry out their stuff, and we were able to do all of our sessions (rain free) that day.

I am grateful for tender mercies like this!


No comments:

Post a Comment